Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Video Playback

Threaded View

Question Video Playback

Hello to all :-)

I came here to this post via search since I have a somewhat "related" problem right now. [https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ideo-playback]

I have on a (test) site with desktop/mobile version 10 self hosted videos in MP4 format.
    This is easy to do via drag n drop with Xara's own media (video player). This runs so far actually everything also quite splendidly.
    However, there is a (rather comfort-moderate) problem:

• On Android smartphone and Chrome mobile (iPhone does not have the problem via Safari) it happens that you can start the video via the play "triangle" but no longer stop.
      Stopping the video is then only possible via the "mini-button" in the lower left corner of the player.
    • This is very uncomfortable because the small button is difficult to "hit". Otherwise everything would run perfectly. Too bad that there is this restriction.
    • On the PC there is the problem so not click in video starts or pauses flawlessly. Now I have the player from the XAR file uploaded in the post of the user "Initiostar" test times used. Since the pause works here perfectly on Android.

However, this player does not bring a particularly "nice" preview something above the control bar "blured" the interface and is completely gone or "uncomplete" player interface.
    Is there actually no solution or workaround that you can start the video via a preview image (video thumb)?
    So where you make a screenshot of a desired scene, and a play icon purely linked and the click then video / player would start.
    Which also has the advantage that you could determine the video thumbnail nicely.

I used to have the other old player with .swf (I found here in TG once ago) in use but I think that makes no more sense today technically.

TomTom
    Last edited by Acorn; 29 July 2022 at 05:47 PM.