Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Temp multilingual site

I designed my multilingual site www.carbonflip.ca to have only one folder with both French and English files distinguished by page names. Only later did I realize that menu handling would be cumbersome since I could not automatically add all pages to the different French and English menu. In any event the current Xara project has menus that must be added to each page for both languages and for main and mobile variants. Too much work!

So I want to restructure the site using the root folder for French with one Xara project and a subfolder for English using a different Xara project.

Since the main site is live I need to use a temporary add-on domain for testing. Once testing is finished I'll copy the new files into the original folder on the server.

My question is how to setup linking in my language buttons. Is there anyway I can use relative paths instead of absolute paths in the web properties dialog or a variable to represent different urls, the temp one and the final one? Or is there another solution?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebProperties.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	131925
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebProperties.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	131924