I'm now using XDPX 18.5.0.62892 on a new PC and am having little luck resizing pictures. When I can drop, or I import, a picture it has a dashed blue and white frame with various handles. As soon as I click on one of the four resize handles the frame and handles disappear and the picture grows slightly, I assume, by the width of the frame. I can then drag the (invisible) handle to 'resize' (I prefer crop) the picture, but I get no visible line showing me where I am. Same problem dragging a corner dot to stretch it. Is this a bug or have the programmers lost their minds? It is totally unuseable in this state! I've been cropping pics this way for years with great accuracy and ease. Now it's kaput!

I'm fully aware that I can use the Clip function. It has a less gaudy, visible frame with grid, as well as showing the full picture with a translucent mask but I want to use the convenient resize+crop function they've provided. Trouble is it seems to be hit and miss as far as accuracy goes. I've scanned the forum looking for a fix without luck. Does anyone know how to overcome this?

I'm also having issues dragging pictures in from Windows Explorer. Sometimes I just get the very annoying little circle with a slash to tell me I can't do it. Dragging and dropping the exact same pics into Affinity Photo or Paintshop Pro works perfectly as does importing the same pics into XDPX18. Very time-wasting, frustrating and disappointing. I have run XDPX18 as administrator with no change in it's bad behaviour.