Hi. Long post here with several questions and explanations. I’m not good at regularly updating my website. Or even checking in on it and seeing how I’m doing on Google search, etc. So I just did that recently and found a few problems.

A couple months ago I upgraded from my previous version of Xara Web Designer Premium v.11 to the current version 18. Version 11 gave me problems uploading my site, but v.18 works well.

So then I did a few Google searches with different search terms like I have done in the past (though as I said, not often). Normally I come up pretty good, somewhere on the first page generally. This time, only once or twice on the bottom of the first page, other searches I was nowhere on the first several pages.

I did a bit of searching and reading online and found that Google will give you a hit in search results if your mobile site load speed is slow. I went on my Google Search Console and checked PageSpeed Insights and found that my mobile site rated a 40, which is POOR and I think my desktop was 82, Needs Improvement.

0-49=POOR, 50-89=Needs Improvement, 90-100=GOOD.

More searching and reading. I found a post by someone here asking about webp for images, and I asked a question, too. So I implemented that on my site and uploaded it and it helped a little, not as much as I thought it might.

More searching and reading. Found that it helps to compress your site using gzip or similar, and read that code needs to be put in your htaccess file. So I contacted my web host and they did that. That helped a good bit more. But still slow.

One thing that PageSpeed Insights said was loading slow, and I saw it myself when I would use my phone to pull up my page, was that the Facebook “Like” button was loading slow. So – I decided to delete it on all my pages. That helped.

Currently my mobile site has a rating of 65 and the desktop of 95 (which does vary a bit if I rerun the test). Getting better.

PageSpeed Insights says that there are some more problems that can possibly save almost 2 seconds by Eliminating Render Blocking Resources and almost a half second by Reducing Unused JavaScript.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 20-39-21 PageSpeed Insights.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	130750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 20-41-49 PageSpeed Insights.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	130751

I would imagine those are files I need and should have. Could the Render Blocking Resources and Unused JavaScript be because I just opened the .xar file of my website made in version 11 in version 18 and then uploaded it? Do I need to make up my website from scratch in version 18 to not have those problems maybe?

My business is picture framing, photo restoration, and my own art photography, so it does have a good number of images on it. But I want to put more on it to show more of what I have. Will that make things even slower? Also, I have less stuff on my mobile variant overall than on my desktop variant. But yet, my desktop speed is pretty good and the mobile is the one that’s slow.
My website is www.wolframes.com if checking it out would help.

There are some other things it says could be helpful, but that don't really affect the speed rating. I may ask about those later.

Thanks for reading. I just don’t know about all this crazy stuff.