Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Parallel Install & Older Version Delete
- You are gaining an extra version so keep both.
I really don't want 2 versions of a software platform on my machine. Just the one I'll be using. I don't think of this as a "bonus" to have apparently obsolete files filling my hard drives.

- Key one is Local Designs gallery > Download All.
I right-clicked on each folder and chose "download all".

- Hint: change the Backup folder location.
I don't want to change the backup location from the default. I would rather move the contents of the old default folder into the current default folder. (This is starting to sound like a "User Story" from where I work as a software developer; "As a User, I want...")

It would be preferable if the software architects didn't make these things version-specific--i.e.; make the default backup directory be {User}/appdata/Xara/backup instead of {User}/appdata/Xara/FlavorOfTheWeekVersionedDirectoryNumber18/backup. Then the user wouldn't have to worry about any of this, and the UX would be much improved for future updates (and then there would be fewer bad "upgrade" experiences punishing users who then decide it's not worth it to pay for Xara software due to how much work they have to do every update).

Sizing
- Others will probably advise this is a Windows setting.
So why do the icons look appropriately sized in the vsn.17 and unusably sized in the vsn.18 app, both apps opened side-by-side simultaneously on the same Windows machine?

vsn 17 icons
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara ui ux problems 17.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	129821

vsn 18 icons
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara ui ux problems 18.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	129822

Others can tell me it's a windows setting, but until they demonstrate which exact setting and how adjusting it makes just the xara vsn.18 icons the appropriate size (as opposed to making every icon in every app suddenly too large), then I'm skeptical of this notion.

I'm thinking I need to "downgrade" to vsn. 17--as I had no complaints for this forum then. In light of what Handrawn mentioned about this being installed via the update service instead of a stand-alone install, it reminds me that it should be easy to just uninstall the new version and I'll be left with the vsn. 17. Hopefully no issues with this process and I can forget about all these questions and problems with an "upgrade".