I'm using Xara Designer Pro X11. Currently I'm making up a website.

I want to add some images to various places on my pages. Having seen some tutorial videos showing how all the existing elements move down the page, and the page automatically resizes with everything perfectly in place in relation to each other, I proceed to add my image. But, nothing on the page moves!

I've read about 'Position on page', 'Push', etc., but no matter what I do, nothing moves or doesn't move properly.

I've tried making all the elements on the page set to 'Push', and the image I'm adding set to 'Push' and that seems to move things along. However, when they move, they overlap, the page doesn't move down fully, etc., etc.

It looks so simple in the tutorial videos - set the image (you're adding) to 'Push' or 'Repel', then everything on the page moves down nicely, retaining gaps, etc.

Am I missing something? (The page sizes are not locked).

In case this is the cause: initially, I changed the width of my webpage to 1080px. But I changed it back to the preset 940px, thinking perhaps only the preset page auto-resizes. But that didn't help.

Any suggestions most welcome!

Seamus