Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Who put the X in Xara? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gare, hijacking the alphabet too: Gary, Gare & Gart - the YET Triplets.

You did overlook a few useful metrics in your creation of that wonderful stained glass - innate talent and years of practice.

Acorn
    I do not understand math in the least; that's why I use a computer. I expect metrics is a shortcoming across the board, in this instance a draughting board. :)

"Gart" is a mistyping of "Gary"; the T being next to the Y, on my keyboard at least.

I'm not being defensive (not, NOT, NOT!!!) but I do know how to spell, but I never learned how to type. I can hunt and peck with the best of them; when I received my first contract to write a book, and totally oblivious to the art of typing, I think Barbara and I shared several bottles that night!

Here is something I designed especially for my Desktop.

I'm probably alone in my hate, hate, HATE for the XD desktop icon. I've always felt there was some mysterious power to the character X.

I've also always believed TV works because there's little people inside it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Power of X thumb.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	126217

The design scales well to a 64 by 64 pixel size, as you can see at right here; I put the Taskbar vertically on my Desktop and you can see a custom toolbar featuring the icon.

Download it if you like, to see its simplicity, or use it as I've done. The text can be removed and it's curves, not text. The font is called Merlin Hand from Linotype.

Have a good beginning of the week!

Gary

Name:  ViewMaster.gif
Views: 825
Size:  10.4 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files