I have been having the same issues. I develop websites for many clients and after an update I often hear about how they can’t see the updates and/or the website is all messed up. [a lot like the screenshots above] Which tells me it’s not just my cache but theirs as well, and probably any other person who visits the website.

I so confused… Is this a Web Designer” issue or GoDaddy or global issue?

I have also tried refreshing, hard reset, reloading the page, clearing cache in settings and sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn’t. I have 4 browsers on my computer and they all show the same mixed up results, so I was leaning towards it being a server cache issue, instead of the browser cache issue. I emailed my service provider asking questions, but did not receive a reply back from them.

Usually it resolves its self after several hours to 24 hours, but this isn’t a solution when clients are questioning you about why their website is a mess. One even yelled at me and I had no answers to give him except to wait it out to let it take care of itself. He didn’t like that answer too much and I didn’t blame him either.