Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
My apologies TDolce. I guess I can become defensive about something that have given me a great tool to develop my business and skills. Also I got defensive because in the past there were many who just criticized the program and never delve deep into it or used it to its full capacity. Again I am not saying this directed to you, but overall Xara gets shit on all the time and I too do admit a few times I get mad when updates and features are left ignored. So once again my apologies.
Hey,..no problem at all. You are passionate and it's actually GREAT to see that! If a program is doing everything you need and it's working for you,..you should be passionate about it. I use Xara Designer Pro10 and I get ridiculed for it every day by my peers.

As for the program getting an unfair shake at times,...you are SPOT ON! I remember building a pretty nice web page for a client (with XWD 9 Premium) and they were very happy with it! Then months later when they had one of their tech guys chat with me and asking what I used to build it, it was followed with snickering and dismissive undertones. I was thinking to myself, "What the heck, it got the job done, your own team loved the results and it works!" Those kind of situations perplex me! This happened on a few more occasions before I got out of that web design arena and
refocused my effort on Graphic Design.

Oh,...and by the way,...I still use Xara Designer Pro X10 for the bulk of my design work! I guess I'm supposed to be ashamed of it because my peers always ask me why I don't use Illustrator more. I tell them,...I DO you use Illustrator,..but when I need to get something done and done with more efficiency, I go to what I know more; Xara Designer.

As for your passion, I'm with ya,..I have it too!

Peace!