Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Is latest Web Designer 'properly' responsive?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEdgedSword View Post
    Nothing now, as it seems there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. There was a new update June 18th-ish.

New features include a ‘fit to width’ option for websites (scales the page between variants).

I can rewrite the xara code to address its mobile-first shortcomings.

I upgraded yesterday and I am back-on-board!
    Thank you thank you thank you! I hadn't heard about the new "fit to width" option. For me, it is the best new feature since they added Variants several years ago. I just tried it on a couple of our existing site and they work great... except for the Add This buttons at the bottom of the page. Guess I'll have to remove them.

Also thank to Chris M on another thread for explaining how to turn the Fit to Width option on (Website Properties > Web Export Options).

Now (thank goodness) we have a reasonable Xara alternative to Wordpress.

Thanks again.

Oops... just found a problem: When I add a picture and use Repel Text Under to wrap the text around the picture, the picture doesn't adjust to compensate for larger type - some of the type is disappearing under the photos.

So now I am back to the original question: Which takes longer - to update all my Xara web sites... or to just rebuild them all on Wordpress with the Beaver Builder page builder plugin.

Ed
    Last edited by restless; 21 July 2019 at 10:15 PM.