Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

Quote Originally Posted by ClubleyM View Post
    Ok.. Sadly I think a lot of people haven't read the original post... Or maybe I suck at explaining the problem.

The screen grab that we posted shows the colours that come directly from the Pantone Website (and book) But both the Pantone Colour selected in Xara and the CMYK that comes from the Pantone CP book of that colour comes out totally different than if you put in the RGB colours or the HEX colours ALSO supplied by the Pantone web site for that same Pantone colour that you're trying to create.

If you choose that Pantone Colour (3145C) from your Pantone Pallet in Xara, and Colour a Square with it, then put the CMYK values in and the HEX and RGB values, from the web site I quoted (Pantone's web site) do they all display the same colour? Do they all print the same colour? ( I did upload a XARA file demonstrating this too)
    I test making the same here, and the color that xara shows on screen with these values CMYK and Pantone looks the same on my screen as yours.
    If thats you asking? Looks like xara shows these value wrong on display. The output of pdf is correct, checked color value in Acrobat Pro,
    Print it on my job in an Konica Minolta 1100C, included o photo i take of that print, it looks right there to.
    Tested in CorelDraw and it shows CMYK and Pantone right there on screen. Looks like Xara has little color problems.

Export to pdf and print pdf, else xara print the colors on screen, think thats the problem for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corel_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	124551 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0953.jpg 
Views:	474 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	124552
    Last edited by Ander; 17 July 2019 at 08:24 PM.