Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Resolution of Exported Images

Greetings, all -

I've been using Xara since 1997 when it was a part of the Corel Graphics Pack. Great program! I'm now on 15, though, because of a bug, I've reverted back to 365 until the bug is fixed.

What I'm doing is creating images to go along with documentation on different processes here at work. I take screen shots, edit them - add arrows, descriptive text, whatever - export them as a PNG and then import the image into Word. Once imported, I had a crisp image to illustrate the relevant step in the documentation.

On Monday, we moved into a new office. I have the same computer I had at our prior office, but a different monitor - a larger one - by a different manufacturer; Planar instead of HP.

The problem is, since Monday, my screen shots are fuzzy. I had thought, at first, that it was because the screen shot from the larger monitor gave me the dialog to choose to import the image into Xara at a lower or original resolution. the smaller HP monitor would just paste the image right in. But, a test I did just now shows that even screen shots that do not trigger this dialog, that paste immediately to Xara, are also slightly fuzzy.

What might cause this loss of resolution? The images that are crisp are 96dpi and the fuzzy ones are 96dpi. I am stumped at what may be causing the degradation.

Any clues?

I've attached an image that I hope shows the problem. Unfortunately, it is based on a screenshot from Word and it loses some resolution just with that. But, when viewed first hand, the top image is clearly a higher resolution.

I appreciate any help! Thanx!

[Edit: Well, I guess that image will be of no help. The forum compressed it and made the resolution issue imperceptible.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image Resolution Problem 01.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	122512