Apologies for what may be a stupid question.

I have Xara Designer Pro X and I want a contents-style navigation bar down the left hand side of my window linking to about 15 very large pages.

I want the contents bar to be fixed to the left hand side of the window, so as the web page is scrolled I would like the contents/nav bar to remain in place so that the user can access links to all of the 16 chapters held in the 10 or so pages. I want to include the chapter titles ( which may be several lines long) in each link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara screen shot.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	121942

The principle idea is in a screen grab above, obviously there is no design as yet. I am not even sure I want buttons to be visible and may wish it to look like continuous text.

Do I have to create frames on all pages or some such to achieve this effect?

I couldn't see any option in the help to get any navbar to be fixed to the browser window. My HTML is a bit rusty, so I may be asking for something very silly.

I appreciate that a fixed contents bar will have to ensure it is not clipped by the browser window, I think I will aim for a size of 768 pixels vertically. I used the suggested page XGA dimensions for the size of the web page.

Can anyone give me some ideas? Or do I have to relearn how to create frames manually?

Thanks in advance.