Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
Just to make it clear, as far as I'm aware, you won't lose anything (except access to the ONLINE CATALOGUE, and you can download that prior to the expiry) at the end of the year, Xara will remain as it was, the day your subscription expires UNLESS you have to reinstall. If you need to reinstall, what you'll get is the program as it was when you bought it ... without updates.
You do lose the capability to Search for any of the items in the Local Designs gallery. You do lose a secure means of retaining bug fixes in the year's cover. You do lose the ability to secure the Desktop application version you used to build your websites and other design material. By secure, I mean if you have to re-install for any reason, you revert to your purchase version [caveat: you might be lucky to actually be one update ahead as Xara has realised zapping bug fixes is probably not pukka]. You do lose the edit and create capability for the Xara Slideshow Widget. You do lose access to Xara Cloud (Xara Vapour, 'ware!)

It is also possible that as Xara plods on, you might start seeing the bleed off of your downloaded content. I am looking at ways of securing this possibly by preventing the Xara Desktop application calling home or just locking the Cache.

Acorn