Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Features?

Threaded View

Default New Features?

I am considering upgrading my Xara Photo & Graphics Designer program from last years version 12, to this years version. However, when I look at what they claim are new features, most of them I am able to do now.

For example:
    1. I already have all the social media templates they reference in the "new feature" video.
    2. I already have all the Smart shapes they featured in the "new features" video and can do precisely what the video of the "new" product can do.
    3. I have no way of confirming if my current program is already 64-bit and multi-core processing capable - not that it matters because saving a photo doesn't take much time anyway.
    4. I have NO way of knowing how many stock photos I already have available to me - so is over 1 million actually an increase or not? Furthermore, do they not only have one stock photo archive from which to draw...so that if they increase the photos, don't I automatically have access to all the new photos regardless of my version of the product?
    5. I already have access to CMYK & RGB in Color Editor.
    6. I already have .gif, .png, .jpg, .psd, .pdf, .ai formats
    ...etc.

I mean I do not mind the small price tag they require for upgrading, but at least in regard to those thing I can verify, it doesn't look like it is actually upgrading anything at all.

Can someone help me confirm what is actually "new" in this latest upgrade for Photo & Graphics Designer?
    Last edited by MyX'ra; 22 March 2018 at 05:06 PM.