Hi Acorn,

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will work through them and make some changes.

The live chat is a pain and I rarely have it turned on, when it is off customers can use it to email and 99% of the time they use that rather than the ‘Contact Us’ page, so I have left it for that reason.

Home
I don’t understand about the review bubble as when I click it goes to the ‘reviews’ page.

Norfolk Broads
I like the idea of rollovers but how do I set them up?

Book Now
Totally agree ‘Availability’ page is the same and not needed but I kept getting customers contact me asking if I had availability and a couple complained that I didn’t have a page showing availability, so I added the page and since then do not get customers asking.

Sitemap
Agree not really needed. Will delete.

Links
This page is only there for links to other sites that require a link on my site so I can get a backlink from theirs. I’ll have to have a look at it to try and improve it.

Mobile Variant
I moved the hamburger menu from the left hand side only yesterday because on a small phone the menu and social buttons were all so close together and difficult to select. Moving the social buttons to the footer will solve this and I can move the hamburger back to the left.

Thanks,

Ian.