Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 365 Buttons not exporting properly

Hey guys!!

Thank you so much for your participation and opinions! I have been racking my brain all over the place and eventually just created a new project and started again as priester suggested...

I think it could be something to do with the fact that these buttons were originally created before the update... in fact, I may have even created them with WD 11, to be honest, I am not 100% sure. Either way, they did work before I ran the last update to WD 365. I really did not expect the buttons to fail, because I used normal text, just a rectangle shape and some transparency effects to create the buttons and mouse-overs and I manually just created each button. Does this mean though, that for each and every project that I ever made before WD 365 (or this last update), I am going to have to re-design all the buttons before uploading any changes in future...??

So for those that may be interested, below are the buttons, in working condition. I was unable to create a navbar within Xara with these, because the navbar interface stretches the mouseover buttons, only from one side... (I tried every possible combination of configurations) which is really a pity, because now, if the client decides to add a link, I have to redo the spacing and pretty much edit every button again.

Egg - Thanks for the tip on the transparency, I did try setting 99% before I actually posted here, just in case, but to no avail at the time.
    gwpriester - I have almost always used transparent backgrounds for buttons as well, either by clearing the fill, or by setting transparency to 100%. And I have never ran into this problem, since Xara 7.

Either way, I think it must have something to do with how the different versions of Xara handled the document. It sucks that I have to redo everything, but at least it works. Thank you so much guys for all your input!
    In my attachment, i just set all backgrounds to solid white as I will be using white background anyway.

Have a fantastic day!
    Attached Files Attached Files