Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
Hi Mark,

I did't see a phallus in the door.

As a graphic designer I develop logos since ca. 30 years.
The procedure is allways the same:

1. Briefing with the client, his wishes and ideas etc. …
2. Brainstorming, allone or in a group. Catch ideas, see what other desingner had for solutions, get inspiration but don't copy.
3. The most important part is scribbling, scribbling and scribbling… one of the scribbles is sure in the choice.
4. Drawing the scribbled logo in a vector drawing software like XDP – a good logo is only vector no bitmap or bitmap effects like shadow, trancparency, bevel etc.
See if the ready logo works for all purposes, B&W for in ex. a stamp or in color for ex. offset-, screen- and digitalprint, newspaper, t-shirt, lighter, ballpoint pen etc. …

Allways when I work on logos I accept the typographical rules but no rule without exception, if it fits well.
So a process will take time. A good logo design is not a thing to do between two pots of coffee.
No. 2 is my favorite one on your list. I've been doing computer graphic design since my mid twenties (I'm in my 50's now) but I'm hardly the best. And I am well known for two things. I do everything quickly (I wrote my first book in one week, not kidding) and I make a great cup of coffee. LOL!

Ernie, your input is refreshing without being offensive. Thanks.

Mark