Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Book Cover

Threaded View

Default Re: New Book Cover

I must admit that I was not happy with that last image because I was trying to make the title look like gold, just using colors. Now, I've created a much better looking title (however, I just noticed that the tracking of that last "R" is off. Gotta fix that). This time I used the fill tool and then I created a clone of the image and changed the angle and size of the fill as well as used the deformation tool (even waves) to create my version of a bumpy side texture (I still don't know how to make the edge (side) of the font have a raised surface so that the fill looks more 3d). Then I used the blend tool to make the top and bottom layer blend together because I preferred NOT to use the extrusion tool as it would rasterize the image and I wanted the image to stay vector. And viola', there you have it, my new version of a gold title, which I hope looks better and more "gold" like.

Enjoy!
    Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Newest ROAR Cover 4302017a.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	117255

P.S...If anyone knows HOW to make the edge of a font be "raised" so that it looks more real and match the fill (and especially if you can do it in XDP) please tell me how or make a video on how to do it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark321; 01 May 2017 at 02:35 PM.