Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Xara with Video Pro X - using art brush

As I mentioned, the latest Xara patch fixed the problem of using art brushes in the interface between Magix Video Pro X (VPX or Movie Edit Pro) and Xara (animation) that creates animated graphic overlays and masks.

The attached quick and dirty video was made in two steps. First, I opened the interface from VPX which opens the video as a background into the Xara animation screen. I selected a brush made by Frances Proctor, I believe, a flowering plant, and had it grow. The video advances every time you click on Copy. I moved the flower to follow the dog's mouth.

Then I used the nest video feature of VPX, which is almost the same as exporting the compiled background with animation and importing it. Then I did another overlay for a mask, again going into Xara animation from VPX. Now I could see the flower and create a moving, resizing mask that tweens, thanks to Xara, to hide the part of the flower that would be hidden by the dog.

Back in VPX, I gave the mask a chromakey alpha, and added the original video to a track below. End.

I didn't try lopping off the flower the first time round, but I will try.

Edit: I will put this on a web page for easier access. One should not have to download the video to watch it. Magix/Xara should fix up this forum like the Magix.info forum where we can embed videos in the message.

Bernadette eats flower.mp4

The part that is new for me is that Xara no longer crashes after using an art brush and returning to the video editor. It also seems more stable. More testing to be done, but this made my day.
    Last edited by browj2; 03 April 2017 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added note
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)