Hello

My Xara Designer Pro X10 (64bit) takes 16 seconds to open no files, and 13 seconds to re-open.

My PC is 7 years old and runs Windows 10, upgraded from Win8.1 (which won't be helping!), but it does use an SSD.

Motherboard: Intel DP55WB (MA TX)
Processor: Intel Core I5 750 2.66GHz (Quadcore, 1st generation)
RAM: 8GB = (2GB 1066 DDR3 Memory) x4 modules
Hard disk: SSD 300GB, "INTEL SSDSA2CW300G3 ATA Device" (270MB/sec reading speed)

Does anyone know where the bottleneck is likely to be?

I am planning to buy a new PC running a modern "M2" interface which runs about 10 times faster (3,000MB/sec reading speed), but I am now wondering what Xara is actually doing for all that time and how much a faster SSD would actually?!

The problem is that it seems that Moore's Law has come to a grinding halt for CPUs and 7 years later I am still being offered a "Quadcore Intel I5"!
To be fair the clock speed is 70% faster, and it's "7th generation" which uses "an improved instruction set" (I'm told), so maybe the processor would run at nearly say twice the speed? A fresh install of Windows10 will of course help, but if the CPU is the current bottle neck then it would still take XDPX10 a full 8 seconds to open. But if reading the disk is the bottleneck, it should load in 1.6 seconds.

Any thoughts?

J