Using the street performer's protocol Gary may be able to carry on the tutorials with a minimum of business planning and long term commitment.

It basically says that the artist sets a minimum amount of money that it would take to continue the performance, and until that amount is met by contributions from the audience, the performance is halted. It is very similar to what Stephen King is doing with his newest eBook (it is what he based his method on).

Gary could, for example only commit to creating one tutorial. After it is posted, he would wait (atleast one month anyways) until his fee has been payed. He does not have to reveal what his "reserve" is. Also, paying per tutorial may be too minor to motivate people to purchase the tutorials in this way. Perhaps quarterly would work best?

Some caveats:
<UL>
<LI> The idea hinges on the performances being free to even those who didn't pay. It's like advertising and attracts new people.
<LI> To set a realistic amount, Gary should consult with Chris. He may also want to recommend the amount that each member of the audience contribute.
<LI> Gary may not do another tutorial for free until his fee is payed. Given the large archive that he has now, this is fine and perhaps preferable. (on a side note, Gary, is it possible for your work to be archived this far. Are there copyright issues with you/i-us?).[/list]

I'd just like to point out that the system is working for Stephen King so far, and worked for me wonderfully.

Finally, if it ends up that we have no corporate sponsorship (read no ads on any pages) then there is an alternative method of payment we could all use to support Gary, one I came across when doing my little musical thing - fairtunes.com.

Anyways, some ideas. I personally find this whole situation offensive, but I want a quick solution that will perhaps last more than the few years it takes to sell a new dot com company.

Nathan Heagy
<HR>
Blow Your Beef Away
Cow Comics!