I would like to have true pixel snapping in Web documents and an option to see the pixel grid (when zoomed into
objects closely) as offered in programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Affinity Designer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-10-17_19h22_03.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	114654

The latter further has the cool feature to live-edit the rasterized representation of vector elements
which need to get turned to bitmaps for browser display – that can go as far as to brush-edit antialiasing.

Xara thus far tries to deal with these details silently in the background – users don't even get encouraged to
design pixel accurately! But one can very easily reach the borders of the presently used system as seen in the
attached simple animation. A white rectangle(according to Xara sitting perfectly on even pixels), has an exact
duplicate on the mouseover layer. The mouseover layer is set to show instantly – but still – watch the offset.
I run into this kind of misalignment issues all the time and would really like getting rid of them.

Name:	offset.gif 
Views:	110 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	114652

A closely related issue is line width. From other applications I'm used to set the alignment of lines:
Do they appear outside of the object, centered on their margin or towards the inner of the object, so that
the overall size doesn't grow?

Inside Xara one can only draw a rectangle and give it a stroke. Whatever width the stroke has, it is aligned
centrally – and even a lot worse – stroke width doesn't affect the displayed object size, as seen in the next
animated gif. Obviously this is the cause for a lot of misalignement issues.

Name:	size.gif 
Views:	116 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	114653

You will need to click the images to play the gifs.

PS: One can get rid of that Mouseover misalignment btw, when manually subtracting half of the line width from
the displayed overall object size (in that case half a pixel) but there should be better ways to get that result.