Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Some background:
    I have been working on graphic to support a project in which a bridge maybe constructed over a river (the bridge also is symbolic of bridging two communities, the past and the future, etc.). I created the bridge in SketchUp and imported into XaraX is an alpha-PNG.

The Challenge:
    I ran into a problems trying to give depth to the river which flows under the bridge. I usually use fractal plasma fills and transparencies to accomplish this. However, I stumbled in trying to get a feeling of depth/distance. I was hoping to make the surface texture of the water surface in the background appear smaller (further away) and that in the foreground appear larger (closer) and somehow get the area in between to blend properly.

I would welcome some examples and instruction in how to accomplish this. I would like a method which is not only is eye-catching but is not overly complex and time consuming ... if that is possible :}. Otherwise, I am willing to go with the eye-catching aspect and persevere with the complex.

I will also attach a XaraX file to use as a starting point.

If necessary, I can arrange a place on an FTP site to trade files which would be too large to post here.

Regards, John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Effects_with_Depth.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	2888