Hi at all,
very interesting discussion.

Last Year I thought the same. I bought a Mac and make a description to Adobes CC (a CS6 I own). I started work. The publish company i work for give me a 4 day goal to do the work. I must say I'm firm in the adobe software world and it will be a little for me do the job, I thought! I ha'd to do 40 e-book covers in this time!

I allways thought AI is slow on my PC, but on the Mac (it's cost was 3.400,– € with the Xeon-Processor) it was the same!?!
I stuck arround and couldn`t find in the right flow.
I remember the lightness of Xara and its fast working but the PC was sold on ebay. What to do?

Parallels! That's what I need. And so i had to pay again. Xara DPX10 runs on Parallels so-so. I remember on Affinity Designer, and once again I paid. In this version (I don`t know which) useless.

The End of this (I wrote it in in other thread, I think XDP X11) i sell the Mac an bought an PC-Workstation and (at this time new) XDP X11.

Last week I updated to X365/12/X10 or what else. Many thinks I wish for my work I would needed are still not implemented but I'm lucky that Xara goes on. And maybe the pressure of Serif with it's Affinity Suite helps Xara to make the right dicission and listen/read it's users and there wishes.

That I have the possibility to create my Website or my customers is for me a great plus. And realy, for me as graphic designer is 89,– € to spend for an update not the world. Fo AI CC I must pay 70,– €/month. I need PS and Acrobat Pro, without this software no prof. publishing with Xara.

The last week I played with Affinity for Windws and here the same like in the Mac-Version, in comparisom to Xara useless. To much thinks like text handling, typography, wrong PDF-Import, multiple pages … and … and … are missing. But there are a few thinks what Xara is still missing, one of the most missings in Xara is a prof. colour management and PDF-Preflights for prof. output.

The missing Vector-Tools, they be found in othe sotwares I wouldn't name here.

Servus Ernie