Wow, that error message is SO very helpful.

I have a church website, where I make available the last 8 sermons... so I change it weekly. www.ebg-veghel.nl
This week I made a major error, and copied and pasted the section where the 8 sermons are listed.
After that I published the website using Xara G&PD 10 (since Webdesign 10 Online won't publish - again: WHAT, but oh well).
Suddenly it started uploading mp3 files (sermons) that are no longer associated with the WEB file. A total of 20 or so mp3 files were uploaded - past messages that once upon a time did appear on the WEB file and the Webpage, but have not for (in some cases): months.
Then finally it comes to this week's sermon. I have listened to the entire sermon mp3 and WMP does not detect an error.
After attempting the upload of this mp3 file about 5 times it stops the entire upload with the unhelpful error message: "General FTP error". No indication what the error is or what is going on, let alone how to fix it.
So I went to my backup, and retrieved last week's version of the WEB file. Opened in it WD10 updated it and then uploaded it. Same deal: many mp3 files were uploaded that are no longer listed in the WEB file anywhere (and it obviously never did this before this Sunday) and it refused to upload the final mp3 file again. It also stops the entire publish process, leaving several files (most annoyinly: the HTML files) out of the publishing process.

Result: my website is not longer present.

Somebody, PLEASE help?!

David