Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default The case of the disappearing icons... (XDP11 trial)

This weekend I decided to look if I'd take the plunge and will splash out a considered amount of money to buy me the new Xara. Up till now I used the copy that was bought by my work but as I'm leaving work I'm considering to take the dive.
    So, I downloaded the 64-bit trial and installed XDP11. On first sight it works flawless and the new brushes are exactly what I hoped for. But I do craft my own user interface and coming from the first incarnations of Xara I really like the flat, light gray user interface. Thus, the first thing I do with a new set-up is the four finger salute: ctrl-shft-alt-S and voila; back to work and no dark gray, sombre, and on my HiRes illegible, interface. I was a happy man and almost considered buying the new version...

Until I moved some toolbars and I saw that it instantly lost the icons (see attached screen shot). Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbartoolbar.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	111828

It doesn't happen with the standard dark-gray interface. I know the developers favour the murky, dark skin with the reasoning that it's a graphics program and that a darker interface is better adapted to colour rendering and all (which is a strange reasoning considering that the page is still white ....) but I do like the light UI and given the choice I will revert back no matter what.
    It might have to do with the caching of the graphics driver (an Intel HD Graphics with the latest MS certified drivers) for when I minimize-restore the program window the toolbars are there with al icons. Or is there a setting deep down in the registry to alter the way Xara renders it's screen?
    Last edited by Michael; 15 February 2016 at 07:52 AM.