Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Locked out of Xara DP11 once again!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    I'd like to hear more about this 30 day lockout punishment from Xara. I just upgraded the hard disk in the laptop I'm currently using to a Samsung EVO850 SSD. I did deactivate XDPX11 before doing so and as far as I know successfully reactivated it after I ascertained that everything was running OK. I'm supportive of Xara XDPX11 because I think the price is reasonable for the innovative features included. However, I absolutely do NOT like the idea of any legitimate user randomly being locked out for 30 days for some as yet unexplained breach of the (unwritten?) rules. I really don't get what the Xara programmer/s had in mind when including this undocumented 30 day lockout 'feature' and I think we all deserve to have their logic explained to us.

I've used CorelDRAW for many years and have never had any issues when changing computers and it is arguably more up-market than Xara's competing product. What if a computer fails without giving an opportunity to deactivate? It seems the license is then in some sort of limbo and that it can randomly lock the user out, even after a supposedly successful reactivation.

I'm sure that Xara want to wring every drop of profit out of their hard work, but to do it by aggravating legitimate users whose Xara licences are already at the mercy of Microsoft with their aggressive Windows 10 push and PC hardware that can quit without warning is, in my opinion, a huge error of judgement
    Hi jaydear,

OT: Funny thing is that I also upgraded to a Samsung EVO850 SSD - talk about speed in boot time! Best upgrade I ever did.

I'm not sure I understand your post (I'm also very tired!). Are you having problems with your program after deactivating or do you mean you where "locked out" and had to contact support to lock you in again?

Regarding the activation waiting time:
    There is a possibility that this fact is actually printed in the manual, but I can't seem to find it. That doesn't mean that it's not there (or somewhere else!). All I can say is that I didn't know about it before running into my "activation hickups" and tried to solve my problems.

/Phono
    Last edited by Phono; 08 February 2016 at 04:32 AM.