Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Bit off more than I can digest...?

Hey all, I posted here earlier as a first time buyer/member of Page & layout Designer 11 with a couple questions on a "spot of bother" I was having. after seeing what most folks do with Xara, I think I may have purchased a Ferrari when I only needed a Ford Focus...!!! I'm trying to design a new logo for our local IPMS club as I mentioned in first post, and watching a few videos there are still quite a number of things that I am missing that were not mentioned in the tutorials.

The logo involves text, an imported vector flag, and a beveled circle that I am having a devil of a time getting the text to fit properly... It seems when I do a "group" the flag disappears behind all the other parts of the image. Also, when putting text to curve, the text will not "centre" on t he outside. The video I watched shows the text going evenly around the top centre of the circle and he seems to have a centre line both vertically and horizontally in his circle.

At any rate, I feel this software may be a bit too much for me considering all I want to do is create things that are going to be very similar to this logo design. Maybe I'm giving up too soon but I know I have a short fuse when things don't go smoothly right away...! My bad...!

Any thoughts for this 'ol fart...? BTW, there are 2 images attached. The one with wrapped text does NOT follow curve properly

Cheers, Laurie in Winterpeg...going down to -27C tonite...!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPMSnew2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	111213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Club Logo.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	111212