Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
Hi Egg, and no I don't mind at all. If you are referring to the noise throughout the picture, it was intentional. Maxwell Render allows you to set a film type and speed. It's virtual camera is photometrically accurate right down to simulating film emulsion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glassware.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	110331

Does this do anything for you that the other doesn't, in terms of photorealism? I just modeled and rendered it out of modo, and although it does chrome and glass very well, Maxwell Render gives me more latitude and the images are just...well, for me, more visually exciting. The glasses could have been rendered out of RenderMan, or 3D Studio, but I'm afraid there wouldn't be a lot of difference.

This is a Maxwell Render of a guitar I've used many different rendering engines to display:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rickenbacker_320_in_Burled_maple.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	110333

My Best,

Gary
I much prefer that image Gary
Far more photo-realistic. As for photo speed & type that's over my head, not being a photographer, but I understand your aim, but on the other hand do viewers understand this medium/rendering either? I just see a speckled image. Not distracting from your work, just my observations. If you want to achieve photo-realism to the average viewer does film type, shutter speed etc mean anything to the uneducated (me) viewer?

On your guitar image I find the field of focus far to severe.