Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default "Somewhat" disappointed in Xara

I've upgraded to DP11. Back when I was using DP10, I submitted a ticket to Xara pointing out what I considered a bug. It's still a bug in DP11. Here's how it went: I currently have a bunch of thumbnails on a page that, when clicked, popup a larger photo. Actually lots and lots of pages. All have drop shadows. I want to use the built in color enhancement functions to make changes to the images in order to improve them, but I can't. If the thumbnail has a drop shadow, any enhancements to the thumbnails will change the thumbnail, but are not reflected in the popup image. Even if I remove the shadow, make changes, and re-shadow, the change only affects the thumbnail and isn't reflected in the popped up image. Not sure why it wasn't corrected, but I sure could use it.
    EDIT: To clarify; if the thumbnail does not have a drop shadow, changes to it are reflected in the popped up image. So, you can sharpen, change color, etc. and the popped up image will show those changes. But add a shadow and only the original image pops up, not the modified one.

Jim
    Last edited by jimhanus; 09 September 2015 at 12:58 AM.