If this has been covered elsewhere already, please point me in the right direction.

I recently started adding mobile variants to all my websites using XWD 10 Premium. Making the variant wasn't difficult. What I am finding tricky is what kinds of things should I leave or change on the mobile variant? For example. some sites have a number of .pdf files that the user can view. Is there a point to leaving those on the mobile variant? If not, should the entire page just be left off, or a message stating that they can be viewed better on the main site? How about forms? Are people going to fill out lengthy forms on their smart phone? What changes have some of you made to your mobile variants?

I have to say, having edited text change for both versions is helpful, but when changing the font size or making other changes due to the width difference and having it mess up the layout on my main site is rather annoying. I know I can unshare, but that rather defeats the purpose imho. Anyone else feel the same way?