Eric, it seems as though you and Maya are just too fast to address and successfully complete a challenge. I wan to thank you for posting the wireframe view in XAR's native file format so others can eventually learn from it, and your approach and skills.

Interesting things happen when a glass object is brightly lit when it's on a surface: the shadow takes on the color of the glass in places, as you see if you look carefully at the image I posted. If you don't mind, I'd like to take a crack at adding the shadows to the dinner scene.

Maya, your work is astounding, and if this were a real contest, I'd have to disqualify you, not because your work is wrong, but that it's award-winning all the time, and I want to give others a chance to with this hypothetical award.

Wait: I got it. Winners excluding Eric and Maya, for their finished trace get to study with Maya for a week.

I think that's fair. :)

I have another image challenge coming up and it's going to be a little different, and definitely approachable by beginner to intermediate artists.

Name:  Smirk Jester.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  5.2 KB