Just draw 2 circles. The smallest in the center and the larger outside in the position you want. Then use the blend tool select one of the circles and point to the other. Specify the number of intermediary steps (circles) you want (in the context toolbar on top) and that's it.
I kept pointing to the other circle and nothing happened haha. So I looked up in the help and saw the word 'drag' or similar holding down the left mouse from one circle to the other. That auto made 5 steps, which could be increased, then I could play with the other effects.

Use the Contour Tool for drawing this very easily. See attachment for instructions.
This works, for me, in quite a different way, as I created 2 circles, applying the contour, the menu did not auto appear at the top. When I finally did get an affect, the 2 circles result seemed to act, how can I say this so it makes sense in text, together but independently. The inner circle kept the sense of multiple concentric circles as size was increase/decreased above 50%, while the outer circle remained solid upto 90% [% relates to the slider] (as though I was increasing the outline size - if that makes sense). I know I've done something wrong so I'll try and go back and start again.

Attached original 2 circles at 50/75/90%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50%.png 
Views:	390 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	105189 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75%.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	105190 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90%.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	105191