Hello,

I Would like some advice from expert users of xara web designer, or xara designer pro. I own “xara designer 10 premium” and really mostly use it for creating layouts and simple designs witch I then pass over to my programmer for him to code functionality, so I don’t really use it much for aesthetic design purpose but functional mockups. (That’s my round about way of saying im not very good at using it to make graphics). Anyway I currently outsource high fidelity website mockups for clients to designers which results in both cost and time wasting for them to get finished. I guess I would like to know a little more about xara’s ability to make pretty much any webs graphics I could find on line, (or closely replicate them). I have seen videos of people doing this with photoshop/fireworks but If I can I would prefer to stick with xara, or even upgrade to designer pro because I have at least a little familiarity with the product already and from what I have read its pretty much the fastest graphics creator around.

So assuming my goal is to basically be able to replicate any website (or graphics on a website) very closely would you say it’s a good idea to:

1. Stick with xara web designer premium and practice a lot (follow tutorials) and I will be able to replicate what I see on any website within 99%. (right now I cannot even come close to doing this)

2. Upgrade to xara designer pro (which I assume has nicer graphic tools), practice and learn and I’ll be able to replicate any website design and graphics within 99% with enough practice.

3. I’m pushing my luck with the capabilities of xara web designer/desigher pro and if I really need to recreate images so similar I should go learn fireworks/photoshop.

I’m not talking about illustrations, but just web graphics and layouts of websites. I enjoy using xara but honestly my skill level is so low that I really don’t know what’s possible, however if I can get some good feedback as to what is possible maybe I can feel confident going into it that I will be able to remake any site or graphics I encounter very closely if I put in enough practice time on the software.

Once graphic mockups are made, all I want to do is export them into slices, or perhaps for some clients export the mockups into PSD format (keeping layer structure intact) so they can do what they wish with them in the future.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks