Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Question "Responsive Design" questions

I am considering the purchase of The website product. I know HTML, and CSS coding, but I need an editor that just makes things faster. I used to use Microsoft Expression Web, and it was fun, except I just don't have the time to to learn as I go anymore. And I am a little rusty having not used it for a while. I have not got into HTML 5 or CSS 3 yet.

Is the Responsive Web Design, as implemented by Xara, W3C compliant? Or does Xara use proprietary scripts?

How does the design work? I saw from a desktop, a sample website provided by Xara, has a large picture, then the mobile as viewed by my Android device, has cut down the sides of a large image on the homepage.
    1. Suppose I have an image, but I want to preserve the left or the right side?
    2. When the NAV bar collapses, can I designate if its left, center or right aligned?
    3. Can I designate if all or some of the NAV bar links collapse? For instance, keep on top two links mobiles users would use most often
    4. Are there scripts or methods I can links phone numbers and emails to the users mobile device? For instance, tapping will bring up the phone calling ap or the email app and pre-populate with contact data needed by the app? (phone number or email address)
    5. Are there mobile device "viewers" that Xara can link to so I can see what the site is looking like on various OS systems, and screen sizes?
    Last edited by wjg; 29 July 2014 at 11:59 PM. Reason: extra questions