Thank you for the article on why xara limits it's page size. However, hopefully Xara soon realizes not "everyone" is printing a posters or photo. These days people use xara for wide format printing of vector type items. For example;

Senario 1:

I deal with a lot of vector based items that must be laid out on a sheet that usually goes beyond 92" tall. Since I have to list the "height/width" of every element in my design I can't just "enlarge the art at printing time" as the article says. While this would work for a photo type image I deal with vector.

The designs are machine cut their actual size and not all items are the same size. I also need to lay them out on a long sheet to determine "how much material I will use". I then need to export them out as an .ai file. I then have to open up Adobe Illustrator just so I can save the file as an .eps because Xara doesn't make a .eps file directly it just make an .ai file.

Since I have already layed it out in Xara it seems pointless to export out each element, import it in to illustrator, lay it out there, etc., when I have designed it in xara I should be able to lay it out in the software also.

Senario 2:

Another reason it is important is that I also have to make a "mark up" photo of what the design looks like for people to see. So say the height of the surface my design will be going on is 96" tall x 120" wide. I currently can't make the page that size and then layout the items (actual size) so that I can export out a ".jpg" or ".png", etc. sample image showing "how everything looks" in proportion to the surface it is going on.

Senario 3:

I am creating a new decal design from scratch. I want use a surface that is 96" tall x 120" wide. As I begin designing my items I want to lay them out on the page so that I can determine if each element I create looks go together. I zoom out so I can see everything. Maybe I need to make one item bigger and one smaller. I need to design at the "actual size" so that I can see how everything relates. Why is this important? Because I have to give an itemized list of what each element's height & width is for the viewer. Having the ability to lay it out even if I zoom out to see it allows me to get those measurments and see how everything looks.

Currently I can zoom out but it doesn't allow me to see the entire page. I find myself having to select the entire document then move it up, left, right, etc. to see things.

While I could save each element as a separate file. Then import them all into another sofware those are steps that simply don't make sense since I designed it in xara. Also not every feature I used in xara (shading, effects, etc.) translate well to another software.

This is must my example but I'm sure there are others that use xara for more than create a poster or photo type product. So all said making the ability to make wider pages seems to make sense. I can't be the only one that would find this beneficial