I seem to be posting less and less websites these days as I am busy with our own set of websites for the company.

This website is a replacement for a site which was created by the client using one of those template based offerings from their hosting company, but that site was really bad. With this site I have gone for a flat look (as I always do) with a slight retro look it with the colours and to some elements including the logo. The fonts are kept quite large as I think that these days 12px or 13px is too small a font size, I will no typically use at least 15px for body text, headings can be any size above 22pxAlthough the freshness of the ingrediants is being pushed I did not want to go over the top with green so limited it's use.

I initially created a slideshow for the header but then I took it off as I felt it was simply not needed. There is a tendency with designers to include elements like sliders to try and justify their fees but if an element is not needed then don't put it in, so off it came and not only does it simplify the website it makes it load a lot quicker as well. The branding for the website follows through into their social media as well, which again is something which tends to be neglected by clients.

http://www.carlislecafe.co.uk/index.htm