I tryed for 2 hours to place a photo in to the pasteboard background, so that it fills the whole screen. I don't succeed to
place the picture into the position I want. The photo is quite big (3500x2625px; 9.2MP) so I want to reduce it without
loosen too much of its sharpness. How ?

I made the following steps to place the picture in to the pasteboard background:
1. I imported the picture File/import into the mouse off layer
2. on dialog box "Do you want to reduce the resolution of the pictures.."; I clicked yes.
3. I placed the picture, starting on the top left corner of the page and draged it until a bit over the page.
4. Then right click on the photo (the part which was overlapping the page) and Pasteboard background/Fill browser window
5. The Picture places it self quite a bit over the page behind the original picture
6. I deleted the original picture.
7. Preview..

Wow...now, it works :-) While I'm writing these steps I solved the problem by myself, it seems :-). I post this message anyway. Maybe it helps
somebody who has/had the same problem. If I did something wrong in placing a picture in to the pasteboard background, I would, of course appreciate any better "best practise".

Regards,
Erde