I have designed a website for a local restaurant and the customer was very happy with it. But, as a side remark, they mentioned it did not "fit" on their smartphone screens and indicated that they actually expected their website to fit as a matter-of-fact. As frequently discussed on these two WD forums, customers are now expecting their websites to be 'responsive' (even if they do not know what that means). So, because I am thick and not able (willing) to learn responsive web design, my best option is to use Xara to knock up a mini version of a website. Because Xara is so easy and quick, I can quickly cut and paste the main elements or contents of the main site and fit them into a smaller page size and only use the most pertinent information so that the phone versions loads as quickly as possible.
My customer is very pleased with his new mobile-optimised site but I still have just the one problem, and that is I still cannot 'lock' the website in the side-to-side position. This only occurs on the iPhone, Android versions of this website are 'locked' into position and look better on the screen. If I could fix this lock problem, I think I could legitimately say that Xara can now cover both bases, even if it isn't a genuine 'responsive site, it is a sellable option for us Xara designers. If anyone has any ideas, I am pretty sure if a fix can be found, it would answer a lot of the mobile-optimised site questions we keep getting on this forum.
I have tested the redirect and it sends most phones correctly to the mobile site, unless someone here tells me that their particular phone is not redirected (maybe a Windows phone?).
Please let me know what you think here> http://mojitosmexicangrill.com