Hi all.

I'm still using Xara Xtreme Pro 5, because it does everything I need and so I have never seen a reason to upgrade.

But there are three problems that are becoming annoying, one of which is only a recent development.

Has always been the case:
1. Always opens with Units set as Inches & Points. I want Pixels & Points as the default, but settings from previous session are never retained.

2. Always opens with Windows --> Bars --> Rulers unchecked. I always want rulers visible as the default, but settings from previous session are never retained.

Recent development:
3. When Xara is first opened there are no handles on objects. For example, create a rectangle with the Rectangle Tool, or a circle with the Ellipse Tool and the selected object only has a small dot at each corner (rectangle), top/bottom/left/right of each ellipse, or top left of a selected text object. The familiar square drag handles are not in evidence. However, strangely, once I use grouping just once in a session, the handles are visible thereafter. This wasn't the case in the past. Have I inadvertently changed a setting somewhere?

TIA