I don't use the cloud storage, I always save locally.

I'm not sure exactly what your point is if Adobe goes broke or cuts me off, or whatever. When I purchased one of the creative suites, I would be in exactly the same situation as the cloud. Both do license checks, so if something like you are describing happens, the problem would surface not only with the "cloud" but all the previous version of adobe software out there also that were purchased and people have cds of. So, whether you have the cloud software or a cd, you'd be in the same boat if adobe goes out of business.

I believe you are thinking of "cloud software" as you need an internet connection to run the applications. You only need an internet connection to install the software. Not sure how often the license checks are done, so I imagine once in a while you need to connect to the internet, but that would be the same with either the cloud software or whether you installed from a cd.

So, I'm not sure why you are all worried all of a sudden with something called "cloud software" from adobe. It's just a name, you download the software, install it on your computer rather than a cd or dvd. Cloud is really an inaccurate description.