Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Unhappy Image export problems

Is the image in even pixel amounts and is it located on the screen at even pixel amounts.

If the answer to either of these questions is no, this could be the cause of the problem.

I am currently using Xara Designer Pro X to create all the assets for a Wordpress website and have run into a problem.
    It seems that when I export the bitmaps I get a lighter/antialiased edge. Normally this is not noticeable but it shows when the images are butted up to the footer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image no line.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	95349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image line.png 
Views:	233 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	95350

The first image is trimmed in photyoshop and the second in Xara. Notice the lighter line where the bottom of the wine glass meets the footer.

This happens with either a JPG or a png exported without alpha and with minimise screen antialiassing checked. The graphics were trimmed by using a clip view with the clipping shape with no line of fill and even broken apart.
    It took a while to discover that Xara was the culprit but trimming the assets in either photoshop or Fireworks does not give that error.
    I'm hoping that this is something easy to fix or that I'm doing something daft but for now I am having to swap to another app to prepare my images.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 31 March 2013 at 05:00 PM.