hi guys and gals, im looking to undertake a project where the basics are that i will run an online gallery. the issue im looking for some direction on is payment. what im thinking is that local artists will display their works on my site in return for a percentage of sale price. Problem is how do i get my commission factored into any payment made online??

The idea is that the buyer will pay through paypal or ecwid and a deduction of say 15 percent would be deducted and passed to me, the remainder to the artist themselves. I would rather not take all the payment directly - deducting my fee and then passing on the remainder as in doing so would mean paypal fees from buyers payment then further deduction from sale price as i pay the artist.........this defeats the point.

Has anyone experience of such a thing?

I am thinking the only way is to trust the artist to make the commission payment directly to me after the sale has completed, there is of course a lot of trust built into that thinking but then again if i ever found out they risk being excluded from further sales........

any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers

Tx