Hi everybody
Since today I have the same problem as Artyboots. A very, very unpleasent thing. I'm working with Xara since Version 1 and until now I had only few problems (beside the imperfect CMYK-support). Until today everything went fine with using fonts. I have a new Win7-64bit-PC since July 2012. Suddenly a lot of fonts (about 10%) started to make problems. They still show up in the Fonts Gallery but without preview. In the Font Menu there is white space where the font-name should be. If I open a file that contains text formated with one of these font, the text doesn't show up any more. I couldn't find any error message like "missing fonts" and until now I didn't found out why all this happens. Many of the fonts are Adobe fonts, but there also others (for instance DIN by FontShop and Museo by exlibris). Although I can't use them in Xara (Vers. 5 and Vers. 7 Pro), I can use all the fonts in other programs without any problems (for instance Word 2010, PhotoShop CS 5.5 etc.) . That's why I don't think it has something to do with the OS but with Xara (probably an imperfect support for Win 7 64-bit). After using Xara almost every day for more than 10 years , I'm not willing to to look for another and better graphic program. So please help me.
Many thanks for any advice you can give me
Cuno