Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
From what I can see it's not really worth me paying out for as many effects are achievable in Xara and free / less expensive / more frequently cited tools...
John, both Akvis and Cybia are plug-ins that filter photos...bitmaps. Filter Forge, from a first look of about a hour, generates images, it doesn't[I] filter existing ones, which makes the comparison like comparing apples and avocados.

And if you only value a program that is frequently cited, you'd be on the slow-track for new innovative software. Um, like I discovered Xara after using CorelDRAW for 5 years? :)

I challenge anyone on this forum to create something like this—using Xara alone, or with any plug-in that retails for less than the Basic Filter Factory at $89. You have the same 30 seconds that it took me. :) The closest thing is Genetica Studio at $149 for the Basic Edition.This image seamlessly tiles, and I used the free 30 day trial version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argyle.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	92222

"Filter" is a misnomer—the filters modify a pattern internal to a Filter Factory design.

Frances did the community a favor by bringing these developers to our attention, and us to them. I think that's what "community" represents, in "online community". There was no affiliate program involved, and the Administrator brokered the deal very carefully, especially to avoid suspicions as you've posted that it's anything other than a really good, affordable, easy-to-learn deal.

I've kicked the tires of filter Factory, I consider myself to be pretty handy around software and also create tutorials for beginners so I'm not unsympathetic to all skill levels when I strongly suggest that members see this as a deal presented in good faith as anything other than its face value.

—Gary