I searched high and low in the XDPX help file for simple instructions on how to make a text panel, even just an outline, that expands around the text it contains, the same principle as a stretchy button - this has always been a bit of a fuzzy area before now and i just wanted to know how to do it easily without using a gadget or widget or automated watchamacallit. I didn't find anything in the help file that helped me in the slightest, maybe i wasn't searching for the right phrase, who knows, i'd have thought "stretchy" would be the word for this subject...

using the TG forum search engine is simply a waste of time, but even using google to search the forum didn't bring up anything except this:

http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest86/

it's a nicely written, detailed tutorial but i don't want to have to wade through 5 pages of blurb every time i want to create a stretchy button so i decided to write something simple, a one-pager that i can refer to any time i need this feature. I do wish the process was simpler but i understand the mechanics of it now, achieved in great part by writing it down in this fashion

remember, i did this for myself, it's not a fancy pants tutorial, it's just some instructions

if it helps anybody with this task, then it's served its purpose and i'm pleased to post it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stretchy text panel.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	91865

stretchy text panel.pdf <-- download as PDF (230kb)