When saving or exporting with XDP-X, it wants to default to "My Documents" ... and this is a huge pain in the posterior. All previous versions have remembered the last folder accessed, which in most cases is the folder where I'm currently working (sometimes gets confused if I've got multiple .xar files open at once, but that typically forces me to simply go up one level and choose a different folder). Marching from "My Documents" to the right place in my folder structure, which has "html" as the top level, plus a sub-folder for each of several versions of Xara's products, plus sub-folders for the client and/or project, means not only an annoying and time-consuming bunch of clicks for every save or export, but that's error-prone, too.

After initially experimenting with this product (I bought it immediately upon release in April) I quit using it and stayed with XDP7 for this reason alone. Tonight (July 26) I decided to try it again, and was prompted to load an update. I hoped this awful glitch would be fixed. It's not.

Maybe there's a way to set the default path, and I haven't found it. Frankly, I'm so annoyed at this that I haven't spent much effort trying to find a solution. I'll resume using XDP-X when this roadblock is removed. I'm not inclined to invest in the next revision of the program if there's a chance it will still be this cumbersome to use. This very happy and committed Xara user would like to stay that way, but no matter which wonderful new features may be introduced in the future, this problem alone is sufficient reason to pass on upgrades.

Am I doing something wrong? Overlooking something? I've been using Xara (first Xtreme, then WD since its initial release), and have never before found a single thing to complain about. This is really a nuisance, and a blemish on a wonderful product.

Help! I REALLY want to be a happy user of XDP-X!