Hello everyone,

I am new to Xara and to this forum. I purchased the Xara Design Pro x8 and have begun playing around with designing a website. I am a photographer/artist and want to create a new website to show my portfolio and sell my orginal paintings and drawings. I used to use Photobiz for my website needs when I was offering portrait and wedding photography, however, I am no longer offer that type of work. However, I am still offering fine art photographs, painting, and drawings. I am hoping that I can design a nice website to fit my needs with Xara. I like to have control over my site so that I can make my own changes as I see fit so I thought that Xara would be the perfect fit for me since I do not know how to write code.

I've been trying to find others who have used Xara to design a website for their art/photography but have not found many with my searches here. I would greatly appreciate it, if any of you have sites designed (using Xara) for this purpose, if you would share your website with me to help me get a better idea of what can be done with Xara. I did find one by Alan (I can't remember his user name) and I really liked how his home page had a flash style display of images across the page. I was hoping to do something like that. However, I am having trouble figuring out how to make the images automatically scroll on their own. I also want to have seperate gallery pages for different type work (i.e., paintings, drawings, and photographs, etc). Is this simple to accomplish? I am not stranger to working with many different graphics software and I feel like I'm making this software more difficult then it really is. LOL!

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as any tips on the best options for slide shows and gallery displays, etc.

Thanks
Michelle