Along with many of you I've just downloaded, purchased and installed our Designer Pro X treat for the summer. Instead of clicking past the EULA screen I scrolled through it for the first time in ages and noticed that installation on one computer is permitted. Now I know that in the past there has been explicit permission to install on a desktop and laptop - which I have done in the past as a normal part of my working habit and this is hardly an unusual or unreasonable wish. So I checked Xara.com and find that this isn't quite the new change I suspected - version 7 has the same or similar EULA but I hand't noticed at the time. Yet if you search "laptop" in the Xara.com Knowledgebase, you get a page for "version 4 or later..." which says "The license allows you to install copies onto multiple computers - so long as you are the only user. For example, you could install it on both your desktop and laptop computers."

Now I guess the latter quote is simply a yet-to-be-updated hangover from earlier days (pre Magix?) but is it really too much to ask that we can fully and legally install Xara onto a laptop and desktop simultaneously?

OK, moan over, now off to try out the long-awaited Text Styles and other goodies...

Jon